As a reference for those doing research on American bespoke tailors, I reproduce here the “best” US tailors from the August 2002 issue of the Robb Report:
- Joe Centofanti, Philadelphia
- Chris Despos, Chicago
- William Fioravanti, New York
- Christian Garcia, Coral Gables, Fla.
- Anthony Gasbarri, Los Angeles [passed away August 2003]
- Leonard Logsdail, New York
- Manuel Martinez, Baton Rouge, La.
- Tony Maurizio, New York
- Frank Shattuck, New York
- Giacomo Trabalza, Los Angeles
I don’t have access to the original article but I believe all of these tailors are fully bespoke rather than made-to-measure.